Kontakt os for yderligere information
The latest version of FSSC 22000 was released in November 2020. Subversion 5.1 is a revision of FSSC 22000 v5. The main reasons for change are:
- Compliance with GFSI requirements version 2020.1
- Continual improvement process, with special reference to the integrity program
Audits against the former version FSSC 22000 v5 were only allowed until 1 April 2021. Upgrade audits against FSSC 22000 v5.1 scheme requirements shall be conducted between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2022.
In cases where the transition from FSSC 22000 v4.1 to FSSC 22000 v5 has not been completed, the FSSC 22000 certificate v4.1 shall be suspended. To lift the suspension and restore certification, an audit shall be conducted to version 5.1. After 29 June 2021, FSSC will set the status of all remaining version 4.1 certificates in its Portal to “withdrawn”.
Get started on your transition process
We recommend to start preparing for the transition as early as possible and plan properly to incorporate needed changes into your management system. Recommended steps for the transition are:
- Get to know the content and requirements of FSSC 22000 v5.1. If you are already certified to FSSC 22000 v5, you should focus on the changes in requirements.
- Ensure that relevant personnel in your organization is trained and understand the requirements and key changes.
- Identify gaps which need to be addressed to meet the new requirements and establish an implementation plan. Implement actions and update your management system to meet the new requirements.
- Attention should be given to food safety culture elements, which are put in better focus in FSSC 22000 v5.1 (but not new in ISO 22000:2018) with particular attention on communication, training, feedback from employees and performance measurement on food safety related activities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implementation through internal audits and define further actions where needed.
Our auditors are prepared and have a full overview of the changes and what is required to transition from FSSC 22000 v5 to v5.1. We can support you in all phases of the transition and have a food safety culture toolbox available, so that you can start preparing, assess your level of readiness and efficiently complete that transition.