R&TTE - Radio and telecommunications terminal equipment
Kontakt os for yderligere information
Ensuring safe use and avoiding disturbance
The R&TTE Directive covers most products which uses the radio frequency spectrum or are connected to public telecommunication networks. Typical products covered by the directive are:
- Mobile communication equipment such as GSM and DECT phone handsets
- Wireless devices such as car-door openers, wireless network cards- and routers, Bluetooth devices and other wireless devices using radio signals
- Fixed network terminal equipment such as normal analogue or ISDN telephones, ADSL- and PC modems.
The directive defines a set of essential requirements which apply to this kind of equipment and covers:
- The protection of health and safety provided by electrical equipment. The equipment should not involve any risk of electrical hazards, and will have to comply with requirements defined in the Low Voltage Directive (LVD).
- Electromagnetic emission and immunity of the equipment. The equipment is tested and verified not to disturb radio- and telecommunications as well as other equipment. It is also verified not to be disturbed by radio emissions normally present in its intended environment. The requirements are defined in the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive.
- Efficient use of the radio spectrum allocated to terrestrial/space radio communication. This is to ensure that the equipment does not introduce any harmful interference.
To comply with the directive, the manufacturer, his representative or the person responsible for putting the product on the market must ensure and declare that the product satisfies the requirements which apply. In some cases the Directive also defines requirements for the production of the equipment.
How can we help?
We are appointed by the Norwegian Ministry of Transport and Communications as a “Notified Body”, which means that we provide services for conformity assessment. We can also perform the required tests, evaluation of test results and certification of equipment and production.