Why this course
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015, in accordance with the guidance given in the ISO19011 for first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO17021 for third party audits. This course has been registered and certificated by the CQI IRCA Governing Body and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under CQI IRCA or other Auditor Certification Schemes.
Who should attend
Anyone intending to perform audits of a environmental management system. Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective. An attendee can both start their journey down the third party auditor route, and/or have an understanding of what third party auditors look for. Some companies require the successful completion of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
- Management systems – What and why, including the HLS
- What is an audit and why are they necessary
- Risk based thinking process
- ISO 14001:2015 purpose and from an auditing perspective
- How to plan & conduct audits
- Audit communication
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up
Pre-requisitesFor successful completion of this course, it is expected that you have prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts:
- The PDCA cycle
- Relationship between environmental management andimpacts and effects
- HLS requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of the ISO14001;2015. These prior knowledge requirements can be easilygained by attending our Foundation course in ISO14001/Environmental Management Systems.
Did you know?
- Participant evaluation is through Continuous Assessment during the training course and a closed book examination (2 hours) at the end of the course.
- A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be awarded to participants who passes both continuous assessment & the written examination
- Successful completion of this course is one of the criteria for you to upgrade your CQI and IRCA Internal/Lead auditor status
- You can now record your CQI and IRCA certificate to access exclusive resources via www.quality.org